By Jose Luis Ortega
Academic se's: intends to run throughout the present landscape of the educational se's via a quantitative method that analyses the reliability and consistence of those prone. the target is to explain the most features of those engines, to focus on their benefits and disadvantages, and to debate the results of those new items sooner or later of clinical verbal exchange and their influence at the study dimension and assessment. in brief, educational se's provides a precis view of the recent demanding situations that the net set to the clinical task in the course of the such a lot novel and cutting edge looking out companies to be had on the net.
- This is the 1st method of examine se's completely addressed to the examine neighborhood in an integrative guide. the newness, expectation and value of a lot of those companies justify their analysis.
- This publication isn't really in simple terms an outline of the internet functionalities of those prone; it's a medical evaluate of the main awesome features of every platform, discussing their value to the scholarly communique and learn evaluation.
- This e-book introduces an unique method in line with a quantitative research of the coated facts during the vast use of crawlers and harvesters which permit entering into intensity into how those engines are operating. Beside of this, a close descriptive evaluation in their functionalities and a serious dialogue approximately their use for clinical neighborhood is displayed.
Read or Download Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook PDF
Best library management books
This up to date, 3rd variation of "Practical aid for brand spanking new Supervisors" addresses the elemental supervisory talents all new library managers want to know. Written in a transparent, concise structure, this guide to winning management bargains suggestion and updates on such unavoidable obligations as working conferences, interviewing candidates, functionality value determinations, interpersonal communications and extra.
This booklet provides a chain of case stories from platforms librarians world wide. It files how the occupation has replaced in recent times with the advent of latest internet applied sciences providers akin to hosted databases which are supported via proprietors instead of in-house, in addition to shifts in know-how administration.
The one hundred fifteen+ web page examine seems heavily on the fundraising practices and result of a pattern of North American faculties and universities, offering precise facts and research on cash raised via can provide, annual fund drives, wills, bequests and legacy rights, sale of books and different highbrow estate, via efforts of pal of the library teams, occasions and fundraisers, and on-line campaigns and endowments, between different autos.
The guide of Museum administration offers a complete and precise research of the foundations of museum association, the ways that humans interact to complete museum targets, and the ways that museums, huge and small, can functionality such a lot successfully. This re-creation bargains up to date details on administration practices to fulfill the present wishes of museum execs.
- Practical Strategies for Library Managers
- Not Your Ordinary Librarian. Debunking the Popular Perceptions of Librarians
- Library Data: Empowering Practice and Persuasion
- The Information Literacy Cookbook. Ingredients, Recipes and Tips for Success
- Chinese migrant entrepreneurship in Australia from the 1990s : case-studies of success in Sino-Australian relations
Additional resources for Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook
This will be examined in detail in the Profiles section. ‘Rank’: this function displays a ranking of personal profiles according to several bibliometric indicators, some of them defined ad hoc by AMiner and obtained from the structural analysis of collaboration patterns. This ranking shows 1,253,433 profiles, organized by the following indicators: h-index, g-index, #paper, citation, diversity, sociability, new star, rising star and activity. , 2014). Only indicators created by AMiner are commented upon below: – ‘Diversity’: this is a measure of the multidisciplinarity of an author according to the ACT model defined by AMiner.
New star’: this is the opposite of the ‘Activity’ measure because the ‘New star’ index considers only the previous five years’ production, and is the indicator where younger authors, with a good activity rate, are more highly valued than older researchers. – ‘Rising star’: this indicator is not described in Wang et al. ), although they do define ‘uptrend’ as the ‘rising degree of a researcher’, and in older versions this was called the ‘Uptrend’ indicator, instead of ‘Rising star’.
Also, Scirus did not manage to correctly classify the Scientist homepage and it included pages that did not fit within that category. File formats: Scirus restricted the search to determinate file extensions such as HTML, PDF or DOC. Content sources: Scirus made it possible to select specific sources such as ‘Journals sources’ and ‘Preferred web sources’. This issue is discussed in detail above (see p. 30). Subject areas: Scirus limited the search based on different research disciplines. This part is also discussed on p.
Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook by Jose Luis Ortega